Car Inclusive Fly Drive Breaks
With AVIS, one of the Islands' leading car rental companies
The minimum age restriction for Group 1 vehicles (Ford Ka or similar) is 20 years. For car upgrades (groups A to K), details and prices on request.
With regard to maximum ages, drivers over 80 years can hire a car, but will need to contact Avis for further details.
Every effort will be made to supply preferred choice of model, but no guarantee can be given.
Collision Damage Insurance - to be paid locally to Avis.
All named drivers are insured for third party liability. In the event of an accident, you will be responsible for all costs up to write-off value. Collision damage insurance (CDI) is a more comprehensive policy that can be purchased at the time of hire - this will reduce the excess from the write-off value of the car as follows:-
Groups 1, A, B, C - £9 per day reduces your liability to £500
Groups D, E - £11 per day reduces your liability to £750
Groups F, J - £10 per day reduces your liability to £600
Full exemption waiver (FEW) - (to be paid locally to Avis) reduces the excess, as follows:-
Groups 1, A, B, C - £14 per day reduces it to zero
Groups D, E - £18 per day reduces it to zero
Groups F, J - £16 per day reduces it to zero.
- Cigarette burns and damage to upholstery are not covered by any of the above.
- Should you choose not to take the additional insurances mentioned above, you will be required to leave either credit card details or a deposit. You can arrange your own fully comprehensive cover, for which there will be an administration charge. Any such insurance details are required to be with Avis on the last working day before taking delivery of the car.
- Petrol - All vehicles are supplied with £6 worth of fuel, please note this does not need to be replaced at the end of the hire - payable direct to Avis. No refund is made for any fuel left in the car.
- Vehicle Registration Fee @ £2 per day, payable direct to Avis.
- Baby seats @ £3 per day, payable direct to Avis.
- Booster seats @ £1 per day, payable direct to Avis.
- Additional drivers £2 per day (maximum £10), payable direct to Avis
- Collection/delivery: No charge is made for delivery to or collection from your holiday accommodation, (except where transfers to/from accommodation required - see note above regarding transfer costs). We will automatically request that the car is delivered a short time after your arrival on the Island. Where car hire is booked to commence after your first day at your resort and to terminate before your last day, the car will be delivered to and collected from your holiday accommodation at approximately 9am.
What's included in the price
- Unlimited mileage
- Airport collection/delivery
- 24-hour breakdown service
- All cars are fitted with seat belts, radio/cd and some have a sunroof or air conditioning
- Insurance includes unlimited cover of public and passenger liability, plus property damage. Cover for loss by fire and theft is also included. See Important Note to the left under 'Additional Charges' regarding collision damage insurance (CDI).
- NB Driving licences: all drivers must produce a valid licence, otherwise rental will be refused. Photocopies and fax copies are not acceptable. International driving licences issued in UK are not valid in the Channel Islands.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THE CONDITIONS OF HIRE CAREFULLY PRIOR TO SIGNING FOR AND TAKING DELIVERY, OF YOUR HIRE CAR.